Re: GameTime!™

This season has been nothing short of a disgrace.

I certainly don't agree with that. Considering the amazing number of injuries to our starting lineup, it's a wonder that they stayed so close for so long. The pitching has been phenomenal. Too bad it was wasted.

I guess it shows how important getting off to a great start is. 30-15 carried us to mid-August.

Indians skipper Manny Acta said Monday morning that Jack Hannahan (calf) could miss 5-7 days.
Hannahan was pulled in the third inning of Sunday's game after feeling tightness in his left calf and reported no improvement when he arrived back at the ballpark on Monday morning. The 31-year-old infielder is batting .248/.330/.388 in 104 games this season.
Source: Nick Camino on Twitter Sep 5 - 11:30 AM

Charlie T. wrote:
MtFan wrote:
J.R. wrote:Two down. It's up tp Chiz to save our season.

To save our season? You mean, if we lose today and sweep the rest of the games against Detroit we don't have a hope?

You're way too dramatic for me, always on the verge of giving up.

Well, they're not beating Verlander on Wednesday. But seriously: what about the Indians' recent record against the Tigers, or frankly, their record in the clutch at any time in the last decade with the exception of 2007, leads you to believe they're going to do anything other than fail yet again?

This season has been nothing short of a disgrace.
Quite possibly the worst quote of the season in my view. Granted I've done my fair share of grumbling about the hitting this season but a disgrace?

Hardly.

The team is 70-68 and has been in contention for most of it. What the hell were you expecting from the Indians this season Charlie?

I personally thought avoiding 90 losses this season would be considered progress.

Whatever. I'd like to see a championship before I croak. Does anyone doubt that if the Tigers or some other team in our division started the season 30-15 and was currently taking on water deep in second place, we'd all be calling it a choke? Plenty of us called the Tigers chokers in '09, and they were. Guess what? We're just as bad now.

Starting a season 30-15 and missing the playoffs is a disgrace.

Losing 4 in a row (soon to be 6 in a row) to the team you're supposed to be battling is a disgrace.

All of this on top of chokes in 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, and 2009 = disgrace.

No matter what happens from here on in the team has surpassed my expectations by a good margin. We had a bunch of guys playing over their head plus rookies stepping right in and performing at a major league level without missing a beat. The pitching staff and the bullpen performed way beyond what anyone here guessed.

Right now a big chunk of our lineup consists of AAA and AAAA players, along with the walking wounded that are real major leaguers. Yes, we have a lot of trouble scoring (surprise, surprise!)

But the team plays most games tough, and they have a chance to win most of the games they're in in spite of the fact that we're missing Choo/Hafner/Kipnis/Brantley/Hanahan with Sizemore just trying to work his way back, Cabrera hobbling and Santana under-performing.

We're competing against a red-hot Detroit team and coming up just a bit short. And Charlie T. calls it a disgrace.

I call him a disgrace, as a fan of the team.

I'm pretty proud of their performance. And I'm not giving up until we're mathematically eliminated - because IF we can get Choo, Kipnis and Hafner back and get on a little hot streak of our own we can still get in by our fingernails.

Yes, with each loss against Detroit our chances dwindle. All I can ever ask is that the team gives its best effort every game, and I'm pretty sure we've been seeing that on most game days.

Well I for one sure do like this team not only for this year but the next two at least. Pitching is very solid and young. We need to get our everyday guys heathy and make some shrewd moves in the off season but a good very affordable core is there......

I said 80 wins and am right on target....

Sure would like to take a couple from the Tigers before we head out on a very tough 10 game road trip....

Charlie T. wrote:Whatever. I'd like to see a championship before I croak. Does anyone doubt that if the Tigers or some other team in our division started the season 30-15 and was currently taking on water deep in second place, we'd all be calling it a choke? Plenty of us called the Tigers chokers in '09, and they were. Guess what? We're just as bad now.

Starting a season 30-15 and missing the playoffs is a disgrace.

Losing 4 in a row (soon to be 6 in a row) to the team you're supposed to be battling is a disgrace.

All of this on top of chokes in 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, and 2009 = disgrace.

No one expected us to start the season 30-15.

Including no one here.

It's been a fun season and I am very appreciative. I've been one to latch on to negativism about Mark Shapiro and the rest of the brass for many years.

This season, I have little I can disagree with in our moves from the first pitch in April.

THAT'S a good season in my book.

We need a two game winning streak....

I wouldnt neccessarily call it a good season either. I think the starting pitching surprised the brain trust in the beginning of the year and they got caught a little flat footed. I think the whole period when hafner was out in June was kind of terrible. The lineup was subordinary. If they had invested a little bit in the lineup in the offseason maybe they wouldnt have swooned as bad as they did. I think the fukodome trade was much better than either me or the rest of the fans imagined. The Ubaldo trade while I have been negative needs to be seen in the light of 2012. I think after next year we will have a pretty good idea whether it was a bad trade, mediocre or good. So far white has been terrible for the rockies. Pomeranz is going to be activated which I dont quite understand as we were told a couple of weeks ago that he was out for the year with either an appendix or hernia.

I don't ever remember any team being so plagued with injuries. And the best of them. What a shame that had to happen. Makes you wonder if they do any calisthenics. Then think of Cal Ripken, Jr. I think we could have won it all without the stupid bad luck.