Re: General Discussion

Asdrubal and Masterson could draw some attention, if a team could also sign them long term. Or buy low as a rental.
The only players with high value would be Brantley Kipnis Kluber and Allen. And I'm sure we'd not sell them.
Could net some value for Shaw if we think Lee can move up to a bigger bullpen role.
But the Tribe will not be dealing anyone until the end of June.

Not a lot of kids available to swap away. They wouldn't deal Salazar or Bauer and there's really not much else in the way of attractive starting pitching, perhaps Adam Plutko; minor league relievers are available but not very valuable. They wouldn't deal Lindor. I suppose Jose Ramirez could be get us some value. Someone might be intrigued by Aguillar or Naquin. Frazier could well draw interest but not sure dealing an OF would be wise considering how thin we are there.

I'm interested in how they work out a starting pitcher for tonight. The roster move options seem pretty limited: TJ House would be the logical promotion, but he just went down a couple days ago and there's a minimum stay in the minors of 10 or14 days unless he's replacing someone who goes on the DL. Salazar just pitched (extremely ineffectively) on Tuesday. There are no other Columbus starters on the Tribe's 40 man roster.
They could add Travis Banwart who has been OK but to do so would require DFA someone. I suppose Scott Barnes would be the victim.
They could move the Friday starter to Thursday and the Saturday starter to Friday and reinsert Tomlin on Sunday, but they probably wouldn't want to pitch two guys on short rest.
They could ask McAllister to try again tonight since he hasn't faced too many hitters in his last two times out.

I am hoping that Masterson's start - coupled with the fates of Stephen Drew and Kendrys Morales in their FA quests (and to a lesser extent Ervin Santana) will convince Masterson to lower his demands.
"I've suffered a great many tragedies in my life....most of them never happened". Mark Twain

Tony Lastoria ‏@TonyIBI 14m

Although it appears doubtful, don't sleep on Carrasco as an option to make a spot start on Friday. I still say it will be Banwart though.
"I've suffered a great many tragedies in my life....most of them never happened". Mark Twain