Re: GameTime!™

I had forgotten that it REALLY wasn't Naylor's day.

He had guys on 1st and 3rd when he absolutely smokes a ball that Votto stabs and turns into a triple play thanks to the brain cramp by Eddie Rosario at 3B.
"I've suffered a great many tragedies in my life....most of them never happened". Mark Twain

Once again 1-10 with runners in scoring position. For a team that dpoesn't strike out they registered 14.
An amazing 9th inning; that bonehead play perhaps unnerved Clase [like Buckner's which didn't really cost the game this won will be remembered far longer than what came next.

An overlooked problem with playing without a DH was that pinch hitters had to be saved for the pitchers [although McKenzie got a hit] and they had to keep sending Hedges up to the plate,where he naturally fanned 3 times [intentional walk once to get to McKenzie his only "blemish" on a perfect nighyt at the plate.

civ ollilavad wrote:Once again 1-10 with runners in scoring position. For a team that dpoesn't strike out they registered 14.
An amazing 9th inning; that bonehead play perhaps unnerved Clase [like Buckner's which didn't really cost the game this won will be remembered far longer than what came next.
civ - even the next batter who drove in the run had a seeing eye hit!

So really, between the triple play fluke, the Buckner play, and the seeing eye stuff afterwards it was not their day.
"I've suffered a great many tragedies in my life....most of them never happened". Mark Twain

civ ollilavad wrote:An overlooked problem with playing without a DH was that pinch hitters had to be saved for the pitchers [although McKenzie got a hit] and they had to keep sending Hedges up to the plate,where he naturally fanned 3 times [intentional walk once to get to McKenzie his only "blemish" on a perfect nighyt at the plate.
Look - first I point out that Hedges made an amazing play throwing out that base stealer at 3B. If Naylor hadn't Buckner -ed that would have been the game saving play.

That said, Hedges swinging at pitches not even remotely near the plate is aggravating. The least he could do is be somewhat selective and collect a walk or 2.

Bieber walked Naquin [that's not easy to do] and after a strike out walked another which is a probably a lifetime high for walks in an inning strikes out the next two

Jose homer gave the Indians a lead and the first run off Miley in 3 games.

I'd love to see something truly novel: three singles in a row to score a run. Like in the old days of baseball.