Re: General Discussion

Hillbilly wrote:Trying to find something recent to compare to Lindor.

2018, Dodgers traded 5 prospects for Manny Machado in a contract year at the deadline. Including one of their top prospects in Yusniel Diaz.
-

I looked it up. Diaz was the Dodgers 4th best prospect at the time. So their 4th best prospect and 4 other prospects.

So this is my point. If we can’t get #1 prospect, like a Lux from Dodgers, and have to settle for the next tier anyway, might as well squeeze Lindor for every bit of juice we can. We’ll still get quite a haul of second tier prospects next July. I’m confident of that.

Hillbilly wrote:Trying to find something recent to compare to Lindor.

2018, Dodgers traded 5 prospects for Manny Machado in a contract year at the deadline. Including one of their top prospects in Yusniel Diaz.
Good comparison. We won't agree on this one, I think it was an entirely mediocre haul.

By the way, I am not saying necessarily trade him. That is entirely, entirely, entirely based on offers they are getting and as usual we know nothing at all about what they are.

As you know from being the fantasy master you were, it all depends on what you are getting back. But in this industry you rarely get a true view of what that is.

So I think the front office is correct. Everyone is always for sale. All depends on the offer.
"I've suffered a great many tragedies in my life....most of them never happened". Mark Twain

I’m not sure we disagree, or if we’re just speaking two different languages.

Mediocre is exactly my point. If you aren’t getting an offer to blow you away, a stud prospect like Lux, just wait. You can get the next tier prospects at the deadline in his contract year. Or, yes, a more mediocre offer.

civ ollilavad wrote:Bauer signed for the same $17.5 M with the Reds. After a really stinky season.
Gio Urshela got $2.75M from the Yankees. Happy for him.
Unrelated but I do feel Bauer was legitimately hurting last season. I expect quite the rebound in his FA year.
"I've suffered a great many tragedies in my life....most of them never happened". Mark Twain

Hey, Hoynsie: Why the lack of respect for the Dolan family in Northeast Ohio? I know this gets away from baseball, but remember when they were contenders to buy the Browns? Let’s be honest, how would the Browns look with the incredibly professional management they have shown with the Indians? Imagine Paul Dolan being able to operate on the even financial playing field of the NFL? – Mike D., Alliance.

Hey, Mike: It’s an interesting thought. I know Larry and Paul Dolan did try to buy the Browns at one time.

As owners of the Indians they have shown patience and the ability to hire the right kind of executives. Stability is one thing. But to have stability, patience and success is much harder. The Dolan family has handled all three quite well as owners of the Indians.

But how would that go over with Browns fans, who are used to having the organization blow itself up every two or three years? They might find it boring.

but the depth is no longer an asset. Carlos, Mike, Shane, Zach and Aaron. Plutko has to stay in the pen if we want to keep him available. Can't recall if Jefry Rodriguez also is out of options, but he's a better fit in the bullpen regardless the next group are the lefties from the Bauer trade, Logan Allen and Moss. I guess that's a pretty good second string after all.