Re: General Discussion

Age means nothing.

Free Agency killed that.

There are very good major league players that are peak performers at all ages through their twenties and extending into late thirties.

All that matters is "are you improving, staying the same or fading but still useful."

Money means everything.

Arbitration, options remaining and free agency are all that matters.

Team players are either underpaid, adequately compensated or over paid.

Anthony Castrovince on MLBNetwork is saying that Kluber has a surprising amount of interest and value at the winter meetings. Lots of interest despite the troubled past season.

Reason? The starting pitching contracts (Wheeler, Strasburg and???) have made Kluber's contract a huge bargain.
"I've suffered a great many tragedies in my life....most of them never happened". Mark Twain

rusty2 wrote:Second Basemen

Gordon Beckham (33)
Asdrubal Cabrera (34)
Starlin Castro (30)
Brian Dozier (33)
Wilmer Flores (28)
Logan Forsythe (33)
Scooter Gennett (30)
Phil Gosselin (31)
Adeiny Hechavarria (31)
Cesar Hernandez (30)
Marco Hernandez (27)
Brock Holt (32)
Jason Kipnis (33)
Brad Miller (30)
Eduardo Nunez (33)
Chris Owings (28)
Joe Panik (29)
Jose Peraza (26)
Hernan Perez (29)
Jace Peterson (30)
Addison Russell (26)
Yolmer Sanchez (28)
Jonathan Schoop (28)
Eric Sogard (34)
Yangervis Solarte (32)
Devon Travis (29)
Neil Walker (34)
Ben Zobrist (39)
The good news there is that many, many of those would be an upgrade over 2019 Kipnis!! And those guys would come reasonably.
"I've suffered a great many tragedies in my life....most of them never happened". Mark Twain

Jon Heyman of MLB Network reports that the Twins are pursuing Hyun-Jin Ryu, Dallas Keuchel, and Madison Bumgarner.
At this point, they are the top-three non Gerrit Cole starters remaining on the free agent market. None of these are new names and the Twins will face plenty of competition. Bumgarner figures to be the most expensive of the trio, likely landing a five-year deal valued around $100 million. The Twins have already brought back Jake Odorizzi and Michael Pineda, but one of these pitchers could put them over the top.

So with the Chisox signing Grandal, apparently the days of only the Indians actually trying in the Central are over. :lol:

The Orioles and Indians are two of the four teams that have shown interest in infielder Jose Peraza, per MLB.com’s Mark Feinsand (via Twitter). The Reds non-tendered Peraza last week on the heels of an unproductive season, but he’s only a year removed from a respectable showing. The 25-year-old’s also controllable via arbitration through 2022.

All the press about the possibility of trading Lindor reminds me of this Branch Rickey quote about Ralph Kiner:

Rickey issued the following memorable statement to Kiner during the negotiations: “We finished in last place with you. We can finish in last place without you.”

He is clearly more valuable to the tribe by the holes his departure could fill.
UD

Civ

I appreciate all you do providing info on all our organization players. Keep it up.

Hot stove keeps us warm during the off season.

For me, lists mean nothing. I'm not a fantasy player so the only thing that matters to me is who is on the Indians 26 man roster.

Once they hit the 26, I judge them on what they do with their opportunity.

Physically, all the signed players can play Major League ball.

Injuries, mental adjustments and opportunities determine "if" and how long they can help the Major League club.

When's opening day?