Re: GameTime!™

Well, I didn't realize that we've been on a 7 game slide. If you would have asked me before the season started that this team would lose 7 in a row all season long, I would have argued that point quite vigorously. I thought that this team was solid enough to not let that happen. Now we go from the frying pan to the fire. Texas up next. That trip to Detroit was a disaster!
“Every day is a new opportunity. You can build on yesterday's success or put its failures behind and start over again. That's the way life is, with a new game every day, and that's the way baseball is.”
-- Bob Feller

Chicago Lake effect JR. Out here, we have clear, blue skies.
“Every day is a new opportunity. You can build on yesterday's success or put its failures behind and start over again. That's the way life is, with a new game every day, and that's the way baseball is.”
-- Bob Feller

Santana double clears the bases, and it's 3-1!

M Aviles reached on infield single to shortstop. 0 1
M Bourn fouled out to left. 0 1
J Kipnis singled to left, M Aviles to second. 0 1
N Swisher walked, M Aviles to third, J Kipnis to second. 0 1
M Brantley popped out to second. 0 1
C Santana doubled to deep right, M Aviles, J Kipnis and N Swisher scored. 3 1
M Reynolds struck out swinging.

Did I hear Manning correctly? Santana's 3 rbi double was the first rbi's by the middle of the order in a week? Well. I can see now why we are o fer 7 out of the last seven.
-- Bob Feller

VT'er wrote:
I lived much closer to Cleveland than I think most posting here other than JR and Don Surber.
I have lived in Cleveland Heights and in Cleveland, thank you very much.
Sorry VT'er, I never caught posts over the years that described your Cleveland history, though they certainly might have been there in the early 21st century when I did not visit these boards often.

I do recall personal consternation of deciding if you might be a Virginia Tech Fan, or might possibly live in the Bob Newhart TV Land of Vermont.

Just to keep this baseball related, I think Larry, Daryl and Daryl would produce better results than Shapiro and his boy Antonetti.

Four wins and sixteen losses in the last twenty games in a free fall that even a Shapiro hired Manny Acta cannot understand after his similar late season experiences.

How did we even win four games?

"It's a miracle."

We have a bunch of lollygaggers, starting with the front office and the owner.

For the record, I never learned how our former poster John Coltrane/Rocky Raccoon who bolted from this place from Montana was ever connected to Cleveland.

I did know how Tampa Steve was connected to Cleveland before he decided openly to abandon Cleveland Sports and adopt Tampa teams as teams he wanted to follow instead.