Re: Just Baseball: Major League teams OTHER THAN the Tribe

Tribe Fan in SC/Cali wrote:If I would have guessed I would have thought you didn't buy the package because you can always see The Tribe locally. I guess you like to see the other teams for fantasy and general entertainment.
I like to follow the Reds and the Red Sox, teams from where I lived for many years. Also nice to be able to watch some of my fantasy league players. I've got Seattle and Philly on now, though.

I liked The Reds with passion in The Big Red Machine days, but other than that they have been just kind of "there" for me. Not a team I hate, but not one I pay much attention to.

Living here in The Bay Area for ten years now I can see that it would be possible to pay attention to non-Indians teams that were once local for me.

Fortunately in my Miami FL years there was no MLB team in Florida to follow.

In South Carolina I followed the Braves each night and made the all fast interstate 200 mile drive to see them 10-15 times a year, pre-internet.

But.....I lost ALL passion for following The Braves after the 1996 World Series. Though I did and do admire their 14 year Division Championship streak under Bobby Cox.

Red Sox were a lot more fun for me pre-our 1999 playoff meltdown.

Yaz, Fisk and Tony Conigliaro rank among my lifetime faves.

And then, The Green Monster. I remember my first time walking towards the field at Fenway Park in probably about 1988 and getting chills as I realized there it is........

I think I attended a Fenway Park game every time I was in Boston on business and they were in town between 1988 and 1999. I was there the night Mike Greenwell hit for the cycle.

I normally stayed at The Marriott in Cambridge on the other side of the Charles River by M.I.T. I always requested an upper floor river side room so I could sleep with the curtain open and be able to see The Citgo sign if I awoke in the night.