Re: GameTime!™

And he was our No 28 prospect this year

Gonzalez was so little regarded that Cleveland made him Rule 5 available in 2019 and 2020 and there were no takers. By last winter he was available to anyone for the taking a a minor league free agent after 7 seasons in the Cleveland organization. If any other team offered Oscar a AAA deal he still chose to stay a Clipper and lucky us he did.

Complete the sweep over the Sox--- that team needs to seriously evaluate why they so badly underperformed their goals. They have been actively blaming injuries but no more than most teams, way less than the Twins.
Every game we beat them [12 of 19] they helped out with errors and walks. Remember the 3 error game by their star SS Anderson? The woeful mess of an inning or two Tuesday by Moncada.
My favorite sox reliever was Jake Diekman, trade deadline pickup with 5.06 Chicago ERA and most of the runs probably came against Cleveland.
Joe Kelly was a close second, overall ERA 6.42; 21 walks in 33 innings, 3 hit batters, 3 wild pitches: most of the latter were against CLE it feels like.

The Twins and White Sox had the same issues. They are built on power. They are the kind of teams that the new rules are now trying to legislate out of the sport.

Just mash with power to overshadow your deficiencies elsewhere.

So when you meet a team like Cleveland who has pitchers who have command - fielding - baserunning - then it makes you look slow, clumsy and inept in the field.

You add on Cleveland's bullpen which locked down games and minimized the games pissed away and you have Cleveland beating on them.

One more thing. Francona made their managers look inept.
"I've suffered a great many tragedies in my life....most of them never happened". Mark Twain

I get the score alerts on my phone, but have seen very little of the games. I appreciate those that post here and maybe things will pick up with October baseball.

It certainly would be weird if the first season of the name change is the one they win it all! I would have no problem calling them the Guardians in that case...

The business aspect of the NFL and the enormous amount of betting associated with it now (seems like every other commercial on TV) has undermined my interest and I would have preferred another team had to deal with the Watson mess - like maybe the Texans where all this took place.

I could be wrong but it seems that Stephan doesn't seem to ever (it's only been a few times) close games out well.

He nibbles. Hence the walks - then the pressure builds with the baserunners.

FINALLY he was forced to attack the zone and he got out of it. ATTACK Trevor.

(Hopefully him closing will be few and far between. De Los Santos would have been better.
"I've suffered a great many tragedies in my life....most of them never happened". Mark Twain

This team is so freaking tenacious. They just keep coming at you!

Civale and Cody with real contributions tonight and good to see Jose hit a 3 run homer!

I just had to run to the computer and post this.

That throw by Bo Naylor to nail Isbel trying to steal......perfect throw and that runner was out by a mile!

Wow if he is that good defensively.