Re: GameTime!™

civ gets credit for the ascension of Eli Morgan.

Thing is, big league hitters kinda hate all that soft stuff - assuming he can command it.

And now that he knows that hitters hate the stuff he is less afraid to throw it for strikes.

At least that's what I see.

This is a great example of the advantages of not contending this season. You can let guys work through their issues without worrying (as much) about wins and losses.

In a regular season Eli would not have been given this extended leash. And possibly not Quantrill or Triston either. Or Zimmer. On and on and still unfolding (Daniel Johnson??)

All the better for next season when contention is more realistic.
"I've suffered a great many tragedies in my life....most of them never happened". Mark Twain

Fine work by Logan Allen Jr.
Solid inning surprisingly from Alex Young; very surprised to see him in a set up role, but the Sox must be weak against LHs
They were not weak against Karnichak; some kid up to fill a spot of a COVID infected regular hammers a 3 run homer. Too bad there's not much left to the minor league season or I'd send Kaninchak to Columbus to find a way to pitch effectively without sticky stuff.

civ - as far as I know there is a LOT left in the minor league season. Started a month late and runs through September this year.

And down he goes.

Another nice night by Zimmer last night!
"I've suffered a great many tragedies in my life....most of them never happened". Mark Twain

My first time at a live ballgame in years and my final ever to watch the Indians.
Quantrill has a nice easy delivery; kind of the opposite of Mike Clevinger. And much less likely to have a career full of injuries.
Would have won in 9 innings if Daniel Johnson hadn't screwed around with the double in the first inning. He has a very nonchalant way of fielding and I have no use for him in the future. e.g. today.
Shaw gave up some bombs but they barely stayed in the park.
Wittgren ended it the way most of our games have ended this month. A remarkable number of bullpen losses.

I was there too. Up in box 451.
What a tale of 3 different sections.
The teams traded runs early I almost identical way. Then both pitchers settled in.
The Indians blew their only
Real chance on an attempted bunt. The pitch was high and popped up. The previous 8 pitches were balls. And everyone swing for the fences. A single would have won us the game.
And then the 10th inning, 4 runs get scored.
And the umpire squeezed our strike zone in the 19th. MLB scores showed 3 were clearly high above the zone.

I'm watching this game after Amed just got his 2nd hit of the night.

Did you guys hear Manning talk about the SS position next year after Andre Knott brought it up?

Manning was adamant that Amed is the best SS candidate. He said Amed "Might not be among the best shortstops but he's a good one and he's my shortstop".

He very much poo poo'd Giminez and said no one is better then Amed for next year.