Re: General Discussion

It really was important to clear spots on the roster for all the young kids who need to be considered for protection in the off season. They deleted 5 and only added one. They made room for promotions of some of their top minor leaguers: Miller to Cleveland; Richie Palacios to Columbus; Brayan Rocchio to Akron.
Yainer Diaz now in the same organization as Yandy Diaz which is almost as good as having two Logan Allens in one system. He's a hitting catcher who's uncertain defensively. While they were sending him away they promoted Bryan Lavastida a catcher with a similar profile to Akron, too.

Zack Meisel
@ZackMeisel
·
22m
Shane Bieber played catch from 90 feet today as he inches closer to throwing off a mound for the first time since mid-June. He said he's "not super enthused" his recovery has taken this long, but he's encouraged by recent progress and wants "to come back as soon as possible."
"I've suffered a great many tragedies in my life....most of them never happened". Mark Twain

Roberto on the IL again
This time it’s veteran catcher Wilson Ramos to the rescue

Giminez up Mejia down There are several open dates over tne next few weeks but will need 5th starter periodically
Maybe some bullpen games with Hentges trying to pitch 3 innings?

Bradley injury status uncertain but now miller or clement could take on 1st and Giminez play somewhere else in the infield

Glad to see Ramos in there last night and hitting like he always does.

Morgan and the team pitched well so Ramos couldn't have been too poor defensively. Looked fine to me though it's obviously early in his tenure.
"I've suffered a great many tragedies in my life....most of them never happened". Mark Twain

Is it foolish to think that had Bieber, Plesac, and Civale not been hurt they could have changed our record by 10 games>. That would put us at 70 - 51, and in a tight race with Chicago. Somehow, we have been in a lot of games that we lost, and those losses might be due to bullpen burnout.

It is good to see Jose heating up. With some luck Franmil will as well. I like Straw, but he sure doesn't smile much. I like Hedges a lot. I can see Perez either leave, or go through the buyout of his contract and resign with the Guard's. I would seriously consider moving Zimmer to 1st base, I like his size there. I would not trade Amed back to the Mets for Lindor even if they paid out Frankie's contract. McKinzie, Quantrill and Morgan have become major league pitchers in front of us.

Lots of changes coming in the next 2 years.
UD

Based on this year's performance alone, the Lindor for Rosario deal is also a plus for us, although Frankie remains a more reliable defender and presumably will get his hitting stroke back. But Rosario's hitting and basestealing has been very impressive.

Gaining Giminez [who should learn to hit sometime], Isaiah Green[who looks very good but years away] and Josh Wolf [who has not looked good] is not as impressive a haul as Clevinger yielded but that's not a bad collection for a guy who was on his way to free agency

And then of course there's the one-for-one Bauer for Reyes trade. In that case it was a case of addition by subtraction of a jerk who would never have signed with us plus we acquired a solid cleanup hitter.
Not sure if anyone else in that deal will work out: Pugh did little while he was here; Logan Allen Sr. now ranks second among lefties of that name; Scott Moss could well lose his spot on the 40 man roster; Victor Nova is a lesser prospect in Class A.