Re: General Discussion

Suppose Logan Allen will get the start Sunday, which he certainly has not earned. He's been worse in AAA than he was in the majors. Maybe they'll keep Garza around since it's hard to imagine less than 7 or 8 innings of relief will be needed. They could park Ernie Clement in AAA or give up on Zimmer again since he's reverted to his offensive career long slump.

Indians signed RHP Brad Peacock to a minor league contract.

The free agent right-hander had been holding showcases for interested teams in early June and apparently the Indians saw something they liked.

With more than half of their starting rotation currently on the injured list, it wouldn't be surprising to see Peacock on the fast track if he looks good in his first few minor league starts. The 33-year-old owns a 4.01 ERA and 1.30 WHIP over 554 2/3 innings in his big league career.
"I've suffered a great many tragedies in my life....most of them never happened". Mark Twain

Updated: 4:24 PM EDT June 28, 2021

Baseball fans in Akron looking to see some big league talent won't have to make the trip up I-77 this week.

On Monday, the Cleveland Indians announced that starting pitcher Zach Plesac, designated hitter/outfielder Franmil Reyes and catcher Roberto Perez will begin rehab assignments for their Double-A affiliate, the Akron RubberDucks, this week.

Plesac, who is recovering from a fractured thumb that he suffered last month, is slated to be the starting pitcher and pitch two innings in the RubberDucks' matchup with the Baltimore Orioles' affiliate Bowie Baysox at Akron's Canal Park on Tuesday night.

Reyes, who is recovering from an oblique injury, and Perez, who underwent surgery on his right ring finger in early May, are expected to play against the Baysox on both Tuesday and Wednesday.
"I've suffered a great many tragedies in my life....most of them never happened". Mark Twain

Another signing in the Brad Peacock mode:

Indians signed RHP Zack Godley to a minor league contract.

The Indians need some pitching depth as they deal with a bevy of injuries. Godley made two appearances with the Brewers earlier this season, allowing seven runs -- six earned -- over 3 1/3 innings.