Re: GameTime!™

VT'er wrote:OK, give it to me straight. I been so busy with work that I didn't even notice the season starting, so, uh, where are we, are we going to suck? Do I need to bust out the "Major League" groundskeepers memes?
VTer - if you are looking for contention this season you are going to be pretty miserable realistically.

It's not just recovering from having to deal veteran players, but the rest of the division is now for real. The Indians have benefited from the rest of the division (except Twins just the last couple seasons) deciding to take multiple years off from being remotely competitive.

The Indians do not want to do what they did - so they take a step back season this season.

The White Sox are beyond loaded and the Twins are still quite good. Hey, our old buddy John Sherman is now spending for KC so this is their first year back to life and even Detroit looks much better - plus they hired AJ Hinch.

Auditions galore for us but with a pitching staff that allows a shot at 80+ wins. Pretty realistic goal there.

You can bitch if you want, and many will, but the fact that Tito has had ZERO losing seasons with the Indians shows this franchise is incredibly well run - but the MLB system ties the hands of a market like Cleveland. I still think they may surprise.
"I've suffered a great many tragedies in my life....most of them never happened". Mark Twain

Re: GameTime!™

seagull wrote:Could be an audition for a trade. Reds are hurting at SS.

Re-watched Moneyball last night. Premise was they didn't care about defense if you could hit and get on base.
That's a great point I still think the Indians, perfect scenario, would have flipped Amed Rosario after getting him from the Mets. That not done, like Seagull said, next step is to elevate his trade stock.
"I've suffered a great many tragedies in my life....most of them never happened". Mark Twain