Re: General Discussion

Not sure why they'd DFA Haase, he's only the 3rd catcher on the roster. I'm sure they'd invite to ST like they did Freeman but I wouldn't be surprised if some other team scooped him up. Not a great prospect but catching depth is always important and he has a decent blend of offensive and defensive skills.

1. Hernandez 2B I'd still expect to see Lindor at the top of the order; but Hernandez is possible; not a great basestealer.
2. Mercado CF
3. Lindor SS Since I'd have Lindor first I'd have Ramirerz here.
4. Reyes DH Since Santana has such a good on base pct I'd hit him ahead of Reyes who can drive him in; could have Carlos 3rd with Ramirez 5th.
5. Ramirez 3B
6. Santana 1B Luplow hits 6th for me and plays left. I'm hoping he become nearly everyday player. Bauers backs up.
7. Perez C Hernandez is my no. 7 hitter.
8. Luplow/Zimmer RF Perez here or possibly 9th
9. DeShields/Bauers LF Deshields in RF. Zimmer will start in Columbus since he didn't want to get game reps over the winter; Bauers could backup here too

I can't see the Tribe releasing Hasse for nothing. Still has a minor league option left.

If he's claimed on waivers, better hope more than one team puts in a claim. At least get a low level player out of the deal.

Maybe the cheap bastards just want the waiver claim fee.

How much to claim a player these days?

civ ollilavad wrote:1. Hernandez 2B I'd still expect to see Lindor at the top of the order; but Hernandez is possible; not a great basestealer.
2. Mercado CF
3. Lindor SS Since I'd have Lindor first I'd have Ramirerz here.
4. Reyes DH Since Santana has such a good on base pct I'd hit him ahead of Reyes who can drive him in; could have Carlos 3rd with Ramirez 5th.
5. Ramirez 3B
6. Santana 1B Luplow hits 6th for me and plays left. I'm hoping he become nearly everyday player. Bauers backs up.
7. Perez C Hernandez is my no. 7 hitter.
8. Luplow/Zimmer RF Perez here or possibly 9th
9. DeShields/Bauers LF Deshields in RF. Zimmer will start in Columbus since he didn't want to get game reps over the winter; Bauers could backup here too
civ - I've seen this lineup speculated on, and it does make sense. However, to me Santana gets on base at such an excellent clip that it makes more sense to me to have him higher up. So I do agree with you on that one - with J Ram hitting 5th and Reyes 6th.
"I've suffered a great many tragedies in my life....most of them never happened". Mark Twain

Haase puzzled me too. He must not call a great game or something. Knowing how Tito values that. Cause I can't understand why they didn't give him more of a look last year or have him as back up this year. A ton better than the bums we got from Mets and Red Sox, or at very least alot better power.

didn't Sandy Leon get solid ratings for his pitch-framing and other defensive ability? that's probably the most important role for a backup catcher if not for a starter. Haase may be another Matt McBride, a catcher with power who turns into a 1B and OF and DH at the "AAAA" level. Although I'd still like to see him stay.

Indians Prospective

Lowest ERA by a #Indians MiLB player past decade. (300+ IP)

1) Triston McKenzie 2.68
2) Bryan Price 2.91
3) David Speer 2.93
4) Mike Clevinger 2.99
5) Danny Salazar 3.02
6) Eli Morgan 3.08
7) Aaron Civale 3.12
8) Brock Hartson 3.13
8) Thomas Pannone 3.13
10) Zach McCalister 3.16