Re: General Discussion

Yeah, I agree on the Greg Allen point.

Then again, we are only seeing the first part of the offseason puzzle. More pieces fill in later to make it look more recognizable.

Hopefully! :lol:
"I've suffered a great many tragedies in my life....most of them never happened". Mark Twain

According to Jon Heyman of MLB Network, the "belief so far of many" is that the Dodgers will not trade Gavin Lux "in any scenario" this offseason.

Lux's name has been brought up in trade rumors involving Francisco Lindor, Mookie Betts, and Josh Hader, but the Dodgers' reported stance here is certainly understandable after the 22-year-old top infield prospect exploded for a .347/.421/.607 batting line with 26 home runs, 76 RBI, 10 stolen bases, and 99 runs scored over 113 games this past summer between Double-A Tulsa and Triple-A Oklahoma City.

Lux should have a prominent role at the major league level in 2020, and it'll likely be in Los Angeles.
"I've suffered a great many tragedies in my life....most of them never happened". Mark Twain

The Cleveland Indians and Cincinnati Reds have reportedly held trade talks focused on shortstop Francisco Lindor, according to MLB.com's Mark Feinsand.

Feinsand added that while it is unclear how serious the discussions have gotten, the Reds do have some high-level prospects to offer in a potential deal, including 2016 No. 2 overall draft pick Nick Senzel and 2018 No. 5 overall pick Jonathan India.

Jon Heyman of MLB Network later noted the Indians "are said to like" Senzel "very much," but added he hadn't heard a lot between the two sides regarding a deal for Lindor.

Daryl Ruiter
After reading that Forbes MLB revenue report, something tells me #Indians are banking serious $$ & choose to play poor. Also curious when the team will be sold. Lease expires in 2023 & team lawyer told the county they’re not negotiating because they are “long-term planning”

Don’t know if he is correct, just sharing. (Ruiter is from 92.3 The Fan)

EDWIN ENCARNACION

Multiple outlets report that the White Sox have reached a one-year, $12 million deal with free agent Edwin Encarnacion.
Yancen Pujols of El Caribe was first to relay news of the agreement, which will carry an $11 million salary for 2020 with a $1 million signing bonus. Pujols also notes that the deal contains a club option for 2021 worth $12 million, with Bruce Levine of WSCR radio writing there is no buyout. Encarnacion, 36, was one of the better power-hitting options left on the open market, as he launched 34 home runs with 86 RBI over 109 games last year for the Mariners and Yankees. The veteran slugger should primarily serve as the designated hitter and hit in the middle of an improved White Sox lineup in 2020.

Jensen Lewis
@JLEWFifty
·
Dec 24
With the Cesar Hernandez signing, possible #Tribe lineup could be:

1. Hernandez 2B
2. Mercado CF
3. Lindor SS
4. Reyes DH
5. Ramirez 3B
6. Santana 1B
7. Perez C
8. Luplow/Zimmer RF
9. DeShields/Bauers LF

Thoughts?

Dolans should sell the club.

Even if the Forbes value is slightly off, Dolans still pocket hundreds of millions from what they paid. Yes, even
if they 'lost' $$$ for individual seasons.

The only buzz the Tribe fans get during the hot stove season is burnt spam.

Fans will never fully engage with ticket purchases when the team fields a bunch of no names, even if they
have a winning record.

The most embarrassing thing in recent seasons was the large number of Cubs fans in the Cleveland stands
during the World Series.

Indians can't keep threading the needle being competitive. Bill is due and the Dolans need to go.

Adios, thanks for the memories.

Indians designated C Eric Haase for assignment.
The move clears a spot on the 40-man roster for the addition of Cesar Hernandez. Haase, 27, had good power, having tallied three straight 20-homer seasons in the minors. However, strikeouts are a major issue and he doesn't have a great defensive reputation, either.

Dec 29, 2019, 11:57 AM ET