Re: General Discussion

Hillbilly wrote:Dropping Kipnis and Kluber alone is 31.5 mill off the books. Just saying’.
Agree - and besides Lindor, might this small market team be looking to extend out Bieber and Clevinger?
"I've suffered a great many tragedies in my life....most of them never happened". Mark Twain

Re: General Discussion

MLB Network's Jon Heyman hears the Indians are "among [the] teams considering" free agent second baseman Cesar Hernandez.

The Indians have made sense for Hernandez since the Phillies non-tendered him earlier this month, given their needs and his skillset. That skillset did take a step back this past season -- after walking at a decent clip and stealing 15-plus bases every year since 2015, he hit .279/.333/.408 with 14 homers, 71 RBI, 77 runs scored and nine steals in 2019 -- but the Indians looking at starting Christian Arroyo at second base, so he'd still be an upgrade.

Nothing much in the way of a market has materialized for the 29-year-old to this point, although Heyman's tweet suggests the Tribe aren't the only ones kicking the tires on the free agent
"I've suffered a great many tragedies in my life....most of them never happened". Mark Twain