Re: Idle Chatter

All academic until YOU are personally effected.

As a home owner for 50 years, I filed my first claim against my homeowners insurance this year...minor roof and siding damage from a hailstorm. After my $1000 deductible, the insurance company nickeled and dimed me claiming depreciation on items I must get repaired. Not a pleasant experience.

I feel sorry for those that suffered substantial damage from natural disasters like hurricanes, floods, tornados, and wildfires. Financially they will take a beating. Emotionally, they may never recover.

So, all the climate-change deniers and fossil fuel sycophants can keep a few extra bucks in their pockets instead of looking for ways to mitigate natural disasters.....until it happens to them.

Everything depends on economics. Generating electricity with wind and solar is becoming less expensive than coal. Utilities begin using and installing wind and solar collectors along with battery storage, thank you Elon.

Then economics comes back again and the fossil fuel industry starts lining the pockets of our elected officials telling them of job losses and such. Our esteemed politicians began to pass laws to subsidize fossil fuels and penalize wind and solar. We all choke a bit because we cannot breathe, we buy more bottled water because of the coal ash that the government allows to enter our streams, our utility bills go up to cover the costs the fossil fuel industry pays to politicians and everyone is happy.

Stop having kids cause there will be little left for them, but the economics work.
UD

Daryl Dragon, the Captain of Captain and Tennile, died at age 76 today.

Famous wrestling announcer, Mean Gene Okerlund, died at the age of 76 today.

And actor/daredevil, Bob Einstein/Super Dave Osborne, died at age 76 today.

Not only is it a proven scientific fact that famous people die in 3’s but they are now passing at the same age!

Last week at this time we were in a deep freeze -25 degrees wind chills in the -40 to -60 range. Well over a foot of snow total. Snow banks 4-5 feet tall. Temps over the weekend in the 40's. Snow for all practical purposes has evaporated. Down pour at the moment with some lightning. Supposed to freeze overnight. Winter advisory for the commute to work tomorrow morning. Icy conditions. 36 degrees later in the afternoon. More rain and icy conditions for Wednesday. Climate change is a figment of our imaginations I guess.
“Every day is a new opportunity. You can build on yesterday's success or put its failures behind and start over again. That's the way life is, with a new game every day, and that's the way baseball is.”
-- Bob Feller

Saw Aerosmith live tonight in Vegas. It was fantastic. I was shocked. These guys are 70+ and they still put on a great show, and sound better than ever. I am more of a metal head kind of guy, but this has got to be one of the 3 best concerts I ever saw.