HOW MANY GAMES WILL THE TRIBE WIN IN 2016?

Poll ended at Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:45 pm You may select 1 option

Less than 60 (No votes)
61-65 (No votes)
66-70 (No votes)
71-75 (No votes)
76-80
Total votes: 1 (8%)
81-85
Total votes: 5 (38%)
86-90
Total votes: 5 (38%)
91-95
Total votes: 2 (15%)
96-100 (No votes)
More than 100! (No votes)
Total votes: 13

Re: HOW MANY GAMES WILL THE TRIBE WIN IN 2016?

I'm a little more optimistic this year. My guess is 86-87. Best 3 man starting rotation since Wynn, Garcia and Lemon. Don't think Anderson and Tomlin quite match Houtteman and Feller.

Still don't think the bats can score enough to overcome well pitched games from the opponents.

I've watched the Tribe bring in vets on the downside of their careers before. Some start like whirlwinds and fade badly as the long season grind gets to them. If Uribe, Byrd, Davis and Napoli make it past July, I'll be surprised.

Maybe the kids like Lindor, Naquin and Ramirez will play like they did this spring.

I expect Urshela to be up by June.

I think they deal Bauer for a young bat.

Go Block Cs

85. The division is too well balanced this year. Even the Twins should improve on their record as should the White Sox and the Tigers. Those wins have to come at the expense of someone.....I'm thinking Cleveland and Kansas City ???
“Every day is a new opportunity. You can build on yesterday's success or put its failures behind and start over again. That's the way life is, with a new game every day, and that's the way baseball is.”
-- Bob Feller

seagull - you make a good point about older vets in past years.

However, back in those days they didn't have a manager the quality of Tito.

And Tito does LOVE to use his whole roster - so I think those vets have a good chance of not being burned out this year.
"I've suffered a great many tragedies in my life....most of them never happened". Mark Twain

I don't think overuse is the cause of vets burning out. I think it's the everyday grind, travel, sleeping in hotel beds, getting fat on the meal money and just being older. The difference between performance at 28 and performance at 35 might be just enough to get a ticket out of town. A lost step, couple of mph on your fastball, can't generate the bat speed anymore.....don't take much.