Re: General Discussion

Rusty!

Anyone ever told you that you are a real butthole ?!?!?!
“Every day is a new opportunity. You can build on yesterday's success or put its failures behind and start over again. That's the way life is, with a new game every day, and that's the way baseball is.”
-- Bob Feller

Wow, Joe ! Why are you wasting time posting about me when you can be looking at more of your sweaty third world cheerleader pictures ? :shock:

Me, I am headed to the grocery store hoping to get a few things I can trade for a condo at the beach when the economy changes. :lol: I'm just hoping that the sky does not fall first. :oops:

Jason Hammel - S - Orioles

Tim Dierkes of MLBTradeRumors.com reports that Jason Hammel is receiving interest from 12 teams.
He says Hammel has yet to receive an offer, but teams are discussing one-year pacts with him so far. ESPN's Buster Olney reported earlier Monday that Hammel is asking for a three- or four-year deal, which seems unreasonable given his disappointing 2013. His best option might be to ink a one-year deal before trying to cash in next winter. The Indians have been connected to Hammel, and Dierkes sees the Astros as a "logical fit."
This sounds more likely, on a guy the Tribe is likely in on.
"I've suffered a great many tragedies in my life....most of them never happened". Mark Twain

Nothing too surprising here.
Jon Morosi ‏@jonmorosi 10m

Indians are open to trade proposals for Asdrubal Cabrera, as well as Justin Masterson, sources tell @Ken_Rosenthal and me.
"I've suffered a great many tragedies in my life....most of them never happened". Mark Twain

John Axford, Indians have deal
Updated: December 16, 2013, 9:59 AM ET
ESPN.com news services

CLEVELAND -- The Indians and right-handed reliever John Axford have reached an agreement on a contract, pending a physical.

The 30-year-old Axford, who was non-tendered by the St. Louis Cardinals, pitched 54 2/3 innings in 2013 for the Milwaukee Brewers, but he was removed from the closer role after six blown saves and was traded to the Cardinals in August.

In 10 1/3 regular-season innings for St. Louis, Axford gave up two earned runs, walked three and struck out 11 with a 1.74 ERA.

Axford was called upon six times in the postseason, striking out four and giving up one earned run against the Pittsburgh Pirates and Los Angeles Dodgers. In two World Series appearances, he didn't allow a hit and struck out five in 2 1/3 innings.

His seven total blown saves in 2013 were the second-most of his career.

Axford reportedly had drawn interest from several teams this offseason, including the Chicago Cubs.