Re: Fantasy Ball

I think he was a good choice JR.

I saw Cespedes play in about 30 games last year plus his WBC experiences as well as a few international events. Cespedes is an exciting ballplayer who looks a lot like Guti in centerfield. He covers a lot of territory. Only difference, Cespedes owns the better arm. He can hit for power and average and can steal a few bases.

I don't know if it will take him as long to learn major league pitching as reports have indicated, but, If he stays healthy, I can seen him getting around 30 doubles, 20 homers, and 20 stolen bases. His career walks to strikeout ratio is pretty close to 1-1. He averaged about 40 walks and 50 strikeouts during his 8 year Cuban career. I expect a little wider discrepancy in Oakland.

He batted .458 with a double, three triples, two homers and five RBIs in six games in the World Baseball Classic back in 2009, and he hit .333 with 33 home runs, 99 RBIs and 11 stolen bases in just 90 games in the Cuban league last season.

I posted his video in the winter folder, so we know what kind of an athlete he is.

Nine million a year could be a steal.
“Every day is a new opportunity. You can build on yesterday's success or put its failures behind and start over again. That's the way life is, with a new game every day, and that's the way baseball is.”
-- Bob Feller

I would call him Adam Jones at this point, and that's a compliment.

Good fielder, good pop and speed. May have some issues with consistent contact.

Maybe the upside of a Bo Jackson type?
"I've suffered a great many tragedies in my life....most of them never happened". Mark Twain

Not a fan of the new StatTracker. Doesn't highlight my players when they are at bat.
Also, David Ortiz does not appear on my roster, although it does give me his two points so far.

Apparently, it only tracks 2 utility players, although we have 3 in our league.